Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Speech Therapy Starts Today

Big day today: My first speech therapy session happens at 9:30 am. Bruce, my voice and into-seizure guard, is coming to take me.


My friends, John & Bunny, came and took me for lunch at Vancouver's best-kept secret, the deck of the Jericho Sailing Club clubhouse where they have good beach food. I had tacos. I can say one word at a time with about a second gap between them, so I could say the odd thing. My friends are very kind. And with those dark glasses, you cannot tell that most of the time, my eyes are closed. Bright lights and loud sounds cause seizures.


When J&B sat on a log to chat, I picked some leaves that were growing in the area and took this photo. Everyone knows that nature heals, but I feel that in the extreme. Thant God for beauty. It is such a relief for me to take in nature when I am in this condition.


And this is a shot of the interior of my practice ice cream dome cake. Wait until you see the real one! This one, however, is delicious. There are five flavours in it. I used up all my left-over bits from making the showpiece one that is for my dinner this coming Saturday.

No comments: