Sunday, January 12, 2014

Detail

Click to enlarge.
The saying goes: "God is in the details" and this is how I see this series called Face to Face by New York Michael Mapes. When I look at the piece above (Dutch Female Specimen: J) I am filled with calm. This is a work I could happily own because there is so incredibly much to see. Heaven!

A psychologist recently interviewed me as part of a compliance study of people living on life-sustaining medications. In the ensuing interview, I was kicked off the study because, they said, I had (non-clinical) obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). I had no idea but it has altered my perception considerably; it is weird when one aspect of your personality is kind of taken away from you and labelled as a disorder or disease.

I believe Face to Face appeals to that part of my personality. I see a festival of order and control. I've been looking at everything very close up by magnifying it in Photoshop. There is order in the universe.

No comments: