Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fabulous Flame

The Flame, as we were about to start.
The fabulous, the most wonderful Deborah Williams who started The Flame and is its host.

Last night was my sixth time telling a story at The Flame, a storytelling forum I just love. And being a stunning day, I walked from home to the Cottage Bistro where the event is held. (Excellent War Wonton Soup!)

That meant walking Main Street, from Science World to 30th. It was the second day in a row I had done the same walk because Main Street is by far the most interesting street in the city. There are lots of funky (and clean) restaurants and scores of boutiques in which you meet the charming and unique owners.

My friends Dianne and DR came to watch and so I asked Dianne (who is about to retire and is the former film commissioner for British Columbia) to read and comment on my screenplay and give me any feedback that might occur to her.

There’s been fewer posts because I am almost finished draft two of play #2: HoMe.


And, I found a great new person to do my renovations. It is a wonderful experience to be working with someone I trust and who is true to his word. I have complete faith in James and my new kitchen cabinets are already underway.

No comments: