Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Summer in Fall


There's been virtually no rain for three weeks and it's October. Too much of the wonderful weather was in fog, but now that the fog is gone, we've  had spectacular sunshine. Yesterday was so warm, I was in a t-shirt; today was as sunny buy much cooler. Today I needed a coat and I kept it done up.

Yesterday was a brief walk. My first short-distance walk since my left leg started acting up. It went okay and I could not stop being amazed at the temperature. Today, on impulse, my friends John and Bunny called me up and we went to the Pitt Addington Marsh Wildlife Management Area at Pitt Lake.

The area is stunning just like the Reifle refuge; you feel like you are hundreds of miles from the city there. I loved it.

Yesterday, going over the Cambie Street bridge.

 The blueberry bushes are on fire right now near Pitt River.

 The Pitt Addington Area.

An egret?

 A Trumpeter Swan.

The mashslands have an eerie beauty.

Walking the berm.

Not the colours of the East, but still beautiful.

No comments: