Thursday, October 31, 2013

TWENTY BABIES TODAY!!!!

You can see eight of the little babies born today in this rather blurry shot. They are TINY so I am on huge magnification here.

One of my bursting female guppies had over twenty  babies today. I tore to my small tank and tore out some plants and dumped them to float in my big tank to give them somewhere to hide. The babies like the water at the top of the tank and that is where I floated the the plants. So far, most of them are surviving. I am feeling the tank often to keep the fish from eating the babies

Costin, the aquarium consultant I engaged is rockin'. He sent me emails with videos and photographs of samples of his work for me to react to and he got an idea of my tastes, then he called me from Aquariums West where I get all my fish and supplies. He was buying all the stuff he needs to create the kind of environment I want in my tank. I am so excited.

Tomorrow afternoon, my tank, the stand and the carbon dioxide tanks arrive. I have prepared a space. Then on Tuesday, Costin comes to set everything up. He'll be helping me get the bacterial cycle started in the new tank.

No comments: