Monday, March 10, 2014

Couldn't Resist

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
PMS jokes aren't very funny. Period.
She said she was a vegetarian but I'd never met herbivore.
A paper thesaurus is a dinosaur. 
Bladder infection and urine trouble.

Yesterday's walk 'round Stanley Park was lovely. I left home at 9:00 am but because it was the first day of daylight savings time, for most people it was still 8:00 am and it was, perhaps, due to the early hour that something happened twice that had never happened before: people saying, out loud, "Good morning." No one has ever spoken to me like that in years of walking the seawall.

Spontaneous greetings on the mountain are not at all uncommon no matter what the time of day. It seems from my practice, the more remote you are, the more likely a salutation is likely, but on the seawall one doesn't expect it. It was lovely.

The weirdest part happened as I approached the park and the wall. I arrived at the southeast corner as I often do and I wondered about walking clockwise around the park. I really thought about it but didn't do it. I walk the seawall, on average, forty times a year but this year is likely to be considerably higher due to my winter walking, and I have never once walked counter-clockwise.

Walking counter-clockwise increases the shade or puts the sun on your back and it has you facing the relentless traffic of skaters, bikers and those otherwise propelled who must go clockwise around the park on the bike lane.

Todays tasks: Taking gift certificates to the art room workers, Carole and (their) Rita, at Brock Fahrni. They were exceptionally kind and close to (my) Rita. And then I have to go to get Rita's ashes. That is going to be hard.

No comments: