Sunday, September 1, 2024

A Great Day!

Saturday was a great day. I love these solitary days and having absolutely no medical or social appointments (until today). I feel no pressure at all to do anything, that’s why these days are so wonderful.

We had a short walk in the morning, and then I got ‘busy’ in the garden. How I work now doesn’t feel ‘busy.’ Busy sounds productive, and I am barely that. However, I got two plants into the beds, and I transplanted a Hydrangea that I have wanted to move for years. And … I weed whacked the courtyard. It exhausted me, but I did it and I was thrilled, and the courtyard looks stunning.

We went to the park to play fetch in the afternoon. It went quite well even thought I must use my left arm for throwing. I’m becoming increasingly left-handed because my right arm is sore and often in the control of my condition. My right arm is like Sheba: I love them both but there’s not controlling either of them.

Late yesterday, I got a DM from Lise. She was advocating for her husband, Henri, to be the person I need to help me with the garden and yard.  How can I go wrong? They are likely Québécois! We are about to arrange for him to visit here to do a walkabout with me. Bronwyn was excellent, but she never responds to my emails and is never, ever on time. It was time to move on.

I wish I could do a few more chores today, but I must take it easy this morning because this afternoon I must take the ferry to the hospital for my CT scan, plus I hope to do some shopping before I come back home. It’s a gorgeous day and so it will be an adventure and not onerous at all.

















No comments: