Monday, September 2, 2024

To Nanaimo!

I believe I know what’s wrong with me, and it’s worrisome. I needed a list of my medications for Dr. Chen, and so I got one from the pharmacy. It lists my meds, the amount I take of each one, and the reason they were prescribed, and for my puffers is says, “Asthma/COPD.” 

I did not realize I have COPD. I’ve long known I had asthma, but if I have COPD, which wouldn’t surprise me given how much weed I smoked, I think it has become worse and that it’s COPD that is my problem. That could explain everything. I shall write to ask this of my asthma doctor.

When I saw COPD on the form from the pharmacy, I was gutted. I spent the rest of the day and much of last night worried that I was getting close to my death. But that scare has left me. Yesterday was so beautiful, and I felt so, so good about being alive and living in Pinecone Park, nothing else mattered. I’m still very much alive and thoroughly enjoying life.

Sunday began early and it followed a particularly good night’s sleep. Full of morning energy, I vacuumed, washed all my dishes, attended to the recycling, walked Her Highness, and then I came home to do more work on the courtyard. I trimmed all the vegetation in the cracks between the paving stones on Saturday, so yesterday I did some touch up and then I used my blower to corral all the detritus into a pile for removal later.

We caught an early ferry (1:30) so that I could shop before going to the hospital, and so that we could enjoy a walk together in the park we love. It was a stunning day, and I enjoyed our big island adventure very much—especially arriving at the ferry terminal on the way home, just as the ferry began loading.

Of course, I was totally beat when we got home at 5:30. I went to bed at 8:00! Today will be slow and easy. I must water the gardens, but the rest of the day will be spent leisurely in Pinecone Park. I still feel beat from yesterday. 














No comments: