Monday, September 23, 2024

"White Boy Privilege"


Sunday, my day, was a sleeper. I had two long naps during the day, and for the rest of the day, all I did was chill. I did a few chores around the house, and I took Her Highness for a couple of walks. That was my day. Oh, and I ate too much.

I went to Nancy’s at 5:00 to have dinner there with Kris and Steve, and what a blast we had. The four of us get together often, and we always have a ball together. And because we start early, I get home early, and last night I came home at 9:30 and went directly to bed.

I watched a film called Cha Cha Real Smooth, and I really liked it. At the end of the movie, I found out why.

The central figure in the film is Andrew. As I watched it, I became enthralled with the character, I liked the writing, I loved the nature of the character very much, and I thought the actor was a perfect fit for the role. Later, when I looked up the film in IMDb, I discovered that Andrew is played by Cooper Raiff, he is also the writer of the film, the director, and a producer. It won the Audience Favourite award at Sundance.

I loved, loved, loved Ted Lasso—particularly the first season. The central character, Ted, is a happy, positive, warm and kind person. Kindness was everywhere in the series. Andrew is like Ted Lasso, and I love films with these lovely central characters. It’s a soft family feel-good story, but the writing is terribly clever sometimes. The dialogue in some scenes just sparkled. Cooper Raiff is a phenomenon.

This morning. Has dawned damp and cloudy. Low clouds are caught in the tops of the trees. Everything I see outside makes me want to get cozy by the fire. I have a lot of memorizing to do today (ASL signs) that I need for my ASL session tomorrow.
















No comments: