Saturday, September 7, 2024

Spa: Yay! Watering: Nay!

I did it. I had a spa yesterday morning, and I got the cover closed when I was done. I felt so good to be able to relax in the warm water. Then I had a nap. After that, I watered the edible garden. I wasn’t easy. I was constantly picking up my canes as I juggled them with the watering nozzle. Then I had another lie down, and oh, how good that felt. I don’t sleep. I just lie there with my eyes closed enjoying the lack of pain. I lay there for a good hour, and then I had to feed us all. And I ate well; my appetite is back.

Then it was time for the BIG challenge: watering the backyard beds. After an hour and a half on my feet, and picking up canes, and watering everything thoroughly so that I could not water today, I was back on my bed. It was 30 fucking degrees outside, so being on the bed, with the fan on, was the way to relax and cool off.

After a good rest, it was time to finish the backyard beds before returning to my own bed. It only took half an hour, but when I was done, I was immediately back in bed. But oh, how good it felt to have all those plants happy and full of water. I love my plants. I have chosen and planted every single one of them and now there are bazillions of them, and I don’t want any of them to die of neglect.

In the evening, I decided to try watching a movie instead of lying in bed all the time. I fed the brood, but I had little passion for food. But it was nice to be having a ‘normal’ evening, but it ended early. I went to bed at 8:00!

No comments: