Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Frustrated and Disappointed

I went so low yesterday morning when I got a call from our local clinic saying that Jennifer, my nurse practitioner, was not issuing me with a referral to my asthma doctor. She wants to see me first, and the first available appointment is October 2nd. So, I must wait another three weeks to try to argue my case, and then, if she agrees, I must wait again for the next available time to see Dr. Dorscheid at the Pacific Lung Clinic.

I’ve been a patient of Dr. D. for 17 years, and every year in May, I hear from the clinic about an appointment with him for June. This year, that didn’t happen, and so I fell off the ‘medical carousel’ and now I must get back on with a referral. I explained all this to Jennifer in an email, but she wants to see me.

She pissed me off, to be honest. But she, too, may be constrained by protocol and must see me before giving me a referral. I couldn’t see that until late last night. Yesterday, I felt abandoned and irrelevant, and it hurt. Today, thank goodness, I have no agenda so I can recalibrate myself and get back to feeling normal.

I had my first ASL (sign language) class yesterday in our library, and I enjoyed myself very much. It’s fun to refresh myself and gain some practice time. And I heard from Lydia and David. Lydia is my ex’s sister, and we remain very close. She and David and I have known each other since 1980, and I love them. They’ll be here for two days, and I’m thrilled.

Last night there was light rain, and there was a slight shower again this morning, so I get the day off from watering and I’m ecstatic. Sheba and I walked this morning with our group, and today I’ll be doing laundry and work on my powers of attorney and representation.




The Banana family.


Atlantic cover.










No comments: