Monday, September 9, 2024

Recovery, then a Set Back.

My leg is better, but my spirit isn’t. Things may change, but I can only walk slowly and I’m not entirely steady on my feet. I’m old. I’ve crossed the line. That’s how I feel. Both my mental health and my physical health are making me feel that I’m an awful lot closer to my due date. I can walk without canes around the house sometimes, but with very poor posture, and that concerns me so I tend to use one cane and to keep my back straight. I must lift my left leg into the car, I use my right foot to engage a parking break that is intended to be used by a left foot, and putting on my pants means lifting my left leg into them. I once called this blog, Diary of a Madman. Now the apt name might be The Decay Diaries.

Sunday, my day, cloudy, but I could see little holes of blue predicting clear skies that came later in the day. Today’s high is predicted to be 22°, and that’s a huge relief from the 30° of the past few days. Rain is coming on the weekend, I can. Hardly wait.

I hobbled into the village to meet Jay and his sister, Kelly, for breakfast yesterday. It was fun to be with good friends because it’s been quite a while since Steve was here and that was my last time with company. However, Steve’s sister and bro-in-law have alerted me that they may come up for a visit on Friday. I love them, so I hope they decide to come up from their visit to Seattle.

When I got home, I had to address the watering of the beds. I was not keen! I wanted to just chill, but it had to be done. I took things slowly and sat for some of the watering. After most of the backyard was done, I took a break. Ron came by to walk Sheba while I rested before attending to the rest of the watering. Good God my garden is big. I have too many plants.

Last night, television and early to bed. Plus, I took a pain pill because the pain was back and walking was very painful.


This photo doesn't do justice to the beauty and structure 
of this magnificent teeny weeny Lily.

New yellow Crocomia. I love this colour.

My regular red Crocosmia.

The last of my pink Hydrangea blossoms.

These blue Geraniums thrill me, and they are evergreen.

In one year, the Virginia Creeper has reached
the window on my north wall. I'm hoping for
colour soon.

Creeper is building up along the base of the wall. The cage 
keeps the deer at bay. Every single leaf and stem was eaten
last year. All you see grew this year.

Two new Clematis, above and below.

No comments: