Sunday, September 8, 2024

Progress!

I sense improvement every day, but it is slight and so doing anything is exhausting and painful. Yesterday was a day of low demand. I had to water the front garden, and soak two trees. That wasn’t too demanding, but I also wanted to vacuum because the house is full of forest crap brought in by Sheba. I took it slow and easy, but I got the inside of the house looking presentable, and that truly lifts my spirits.

Then I had to feed the brood, but I’m still not feeling the love for food. I think pain is a deterrent to eating. But with all the pets fed, all the gardens wet, and the house tidied, I felt great and more than ready to relax. So, I got a cushion for a chair on my deck and took a big glass of Diet Coke outside with me, and I read about Powers of Representation because I must attend to that soon.

It felt great to be awake, vertical and not working. It felt good that I did not want to be in bed (as I was at every opportunity for the past two days). However, even though I was in the shade, it was hot outside, whereas in the house it was many degrees cooler, so I headed indoors. But first I had a lovely relaxing spa.

Then it was back to reading about death documents indoors, but a strong desire for sleep took me over and I had a love nap in a beautifully cool and clean house. I walk incredibly slowly, but I do walk, and often. I’ve heard that it’s important not to constantly remain in bed. But it’s so slow and I can’t carry anything, so I wear a backpack to move things. The best news about yesterday was that I took no pain pills at all. Progress! 















No comments: