Saturday, September 28, 2024

Slow Days + The Baking Show

Friday passed like most all my days. My big accomplishment was moving all the rest of my outdoor furniture into the studio for the Winter. I managed it all without taking myself too far into exhaustion. There were a few breaks, and I walked slowly with each item.

We went into the village to shop after our morning forest walk. It’s an event for me to go shopping. It gets me out of the house, and I often get to have brief chats with people I know. Yesterday, I ran into ever so charming Gus, who works at the pet food store, and we had a lovely chat. He is a dear boy.

A highlight of the day was a long leisurely spa on a lovely and warm afternoon. Her Highness and I had played fetch at Rollo Park before I slid into the warm and welcoming water. I’d been on the move all day, doing little chores here and there, so the spa brought my duties to an end.

After dinner, I watched more episodes of The Great British Baking Show. It was an excellent night; I went to bed early and slept like a stone.

Today dawned bright and brisk, and I was off early to Ground Up restaurant to meet Stacy for breakfast, and then went for a nice long walk with Otis and Sheba. After that, Sheba and I went to GIRO to drop off our recycling, and then I went to the Farmers’ Market for dog treats. Now we are back home, the clouds have rolled in and I have a ton of domestic duties to keep me busy this morning, but I hope to have some chill time in the afternoon. But first, a fire!
















No comments: