Thursday, September 12, 2024

A New Trellis

I felt quite good yesterday. Walking in the forest in the morning with our friends, followed by a long and wonderful conversation with Dwight made me feel great. And doing all the bed linen uplifted me as well. I love climbing into a bed that welcomes me with clean fragrant sheets and pillowcases. Yum!

It stayed cloudy most of the day, but it cleared up in the early afternoon, and mid-afternoon, Pete arrived with his extension ladder, and together we built a trellis and attached it to a huge tree in the garden so that my ever-green Clematis has something to grow on. Pete is a wonderful man. He likes helping me with things and I love his company. What a neighbour!

After an active day, my leg was throbbing and I was back on a cane, but I had such a great sleep in my clean fragrant bed, that today, I am back to full speed on my feet without a cane. And because it was so cool this morning, I lit a fire to warm up the house and I may have another small fire tonight.

It’s a beautiful day today, so I will do some watering, but I will chill for a good part of the day because nothing beats doing nothing for this tired old man.

I took some shots of Pinecone Park this morning, including one of the new trellis Pete installed. Here they are: 

Morning sunlight makes everything look lovely.

I planted Irish Moss around the path I built last
Summer. I planted little plugs of the moss and 
it has just boomed this Sunner.


The two beds under the trees were slow to mature but now they are
making me happy and many are still flowering.


This is the trellis Pete and I put up yesterday.


My magnificent Butterbur.

And speaking of magnificent, I love the evergreen Geraniums that add colour
to my bed of large Ferns. 

No comments: