Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Cast; The Gentleman


Rumour has it that the absolutely fabulous Patti Allan, my first choice for Vivicean, is doing the part (and we will have to break up our rehearsal schedule). And Kim, the director, has an actor in mind for Mr. Proud. This is very exciting news as I will be able to finish the costumes.

Mr. Proud's costume is coming along. It is not going the way I thought, but that is because I work with no plans. I am an improvisor and I am happy with the outcome so far. I wanted a military look but I am not a tailor and the rigid sleeves were going to be really challenging.

What I like so far, is my choice to focus on paper (over interfacing) and to mirror the material choices I made for Vivicean, Mr. Proud's partner in every scene, in his costume. This is only one day's work, and a shorter day that I put in every day for a week on Vivicean's costume.

No comments: