Friday, February 27, 2015

What to do on Friday

My "James Brown" experience happens at the curtain call.
Today is Cape Day. My plan is to finish the cape for The Great Lorangini. I love even writing that name. I love the thought of who The Great Lorangini is. Maybe there is a play in that character. Maybe there's a play with lots of other absurd characters in it that I can write and make the costumes for.

That is one thing I feel and feel very good about: my future. It will be what I make of it. Trudeau, the movie* and Monkey (the play) are all the result of people coming to me. I am unspeakably grateful to them, but I wonder what I want to do. Whatever it is, I can do it.

If I can write it, it will get produced. That is the wonderful feeling I have. I have confidence that I never had before. If I develop something of my own, something imagined and not drawn from my life, I am certain I can get it produced given my recent record.

* Everyone loved the title, Uncle Gus' Monkey. Producers always said: "Great title!" It was Warren's title. But Brad doesn't like it. He wants something more informative so I sent him three ideas: My Missing Mother, Finding Mother and The French Whisperer. I like the last one.
I got an email from someone on a dating website. I forgot I had a profile up on one. A friend to whom I whined about being single got me to do it. That was last September. Yesterday, someone wrote and we have been writing back and forth. This is new. I'm highly attracted to all I read and see. Anything could happen…. or not.

No comments: