I did chores around the house in the early morning—I’d risen at 5:00—and then Her Highness and I went for an early morning walk on our way to Nester’s to do some shopping. Our walk was inspiring. It felt a little Fall-like. The air was a crisp 17°, the dry grass gave Rollo Park a smell reminiscent of the hay smell of horse stalls. Most of all, it was the position of the sun in the sky that made me feel like Summer was ending.
When we got home and everything was put away, I began watering, and I stuck to it until it was time for my Zoom session with Dr. Shoja. While I was watering near the fountain, a bird landed on my head! The birds are not afraid of me if I remain still. I plan to put a chair by the fountain this week and just sit there to watch all the birds.
The watering time passes easily. I don’t dread the task anymore at all. I have my route and I particularly like watering later in the morning after all the mosquitoes have gone to bed. I love my hoses that don’t tangle and my new nozzles that have multiple streams that make watering more efficient. Soon, I reckon, the weather will change. I hope the endless drought is soon to be over. But no end is yet in sight.
My session with Dr. S. was a good one even though, for the first time in ages, I had no agenda notes. I had lunch after our session and then I thought I’d take some sun, but I couldn’t abide being in the sun anymore. Instead, I came inside and fell asleep on the chaise for a while, and then Her Highness and I went to the Elder Cedar trail to walk.
Our evening was the usual. I renewed my subscription to Britbox and watched The Other Bennet Sister. I’ll be finishing the series tonight. I really liked it.
This morning there was a thin cloud cover in the sky when I got up, but it soon turned to blue skies. However, I was drawn outside by a lot of loud rolling thunder. It kept going for a long time and soon the sky was overcast again. There must be a thunderhead nearby. Perhaps the weather is changing. I hope so!
Today, we’ll walk with our friends, and I’ll be doing some SPACE work for Aidan. I’m Zooming with him this afternoon.
•
Two things of interest happened this past week, things that taught me about my f’ing neurological condition. On Sunday, I went with Beth to Silva Bay for fish tacos. I am fluent with Beth, so we were chatting the whole way to the bay in the car. When we arrived, Kris was there and Steve came shortly thereafter (he had walked), and the four of us were soon laughing and sharing stories.
When Bonnie, Darcy and Sue arrived, I went mute. It confirmed what I already knew, but it was interesting to feel my voice disappear when the three women arrived. It was just too many people for my brain to handle.
And on Monday, when I drove Beth to Courtenay, we were talking all during our wait in the car for the ferry and while we were on the ferry. However, once we got onto the highway, my speech became dreadful. Highways give me the heebie jeebies because of all the speeding traffic I imagine. I was semi-fluent with Marsha and Beth in the White Spot because the place was packed and noisy.
And yesterday, when I had my session with Dr. S., I couldn’t speak at all for the first ten minutes. The harder I tried, the more my head bobbed and jerked. My brain was misfiring, so I used the chat feature to communicate with her until (rough) speech slowly returned. It’s been ten years and I still get so bloody frustrated by my poor speech.
















No comments:
Post a Comment