Friday was glorious. It was gorgeous and sunny, but the day’s high was only 23°. Heaven! We walked alone, not with our friends, and then I spent much of the day watering, taking short breaks when I did a laundry load, and I wanted a few minutes in the shade in the hammock. Even though it was not hot, I was hot from watering while standing in the sunshine, so my cool house was a fabulous escape from the heat.
I got a letter from the hospital pacemaker clinic. I have an in-person appointment on Sept. 2nd. I will likely find out more about the recall of my pacemaker then.
The endless sunshine predicted means hours and hours of watering over the coming two weeks. I am so lucky that I have a deep well that is embedded in a good aquifer! I can water as much as I want, and my cistern is full every morning. When Beth is here, I’ll be watering at 5:30 in the morning. However, today I get a break.
Last night I awoke to the sound of falling rain twice. When I rose this morning, I went out to look in my rain barrels and so I know a lot of rain fell so I will not need to water until Monday. Woo hoo! And I get all weekend to myself to read and play.
Yesterday afternoon, we walked again and it felt so good to see Sheba enthusiastic about walking. She is fully recovered and I am relieved. We’ll be walking today, but we’ll wait for a bit for our morning walk to let some of the wetness dry out. It was very dark and wet when I got up at 5:00, but by 6:30 I could see blue sky and the remaining clouds had turned beautifully white.
Today will pass slowly and gently. I shall enjoy reading in a comfortable chair with refreshments close at hand in the garden.















No comments:
Post a Comment