Sunday, August 23, 2026

STORM!

I loved entertaining my new friends, Bonnie and Sue, but boy am I glad that all that work is over and I have the weekend to myself. I plan to enjoy two lovely slow days this weekend. Watering will be a pleasure given that it is all I must do. There’s no more cooking or baking to do. Hurrah!

Saturday dawned bright and warm. I was out and in the spa after I did all the dishes from Friday night and put them away. I shall eat the last two plums on my tree and perhaps I shall try one of the other varieties of apples today. The Macintosh apples are to die for delicious, but I’m curious about the three other varieties of apples I have.

I watered until I got a call from David (U.K.) and we had a lovely talk, including our first chat about him possibly coming to visit next Summer. When we were done, I finished all the watering and then fed the brood their lunch and I had delicious leftovers. Then I went over to Pete and Ali’s place to water their beds.

And I was done! I had the rest of the day to idle away as I chose. I was tired but when I tried to nap, I found that I didn’t want to sleep. I just wanted to not move. After my rest, off we went to walk the Elder Cedar trail. Her Highness never balks at walking that trail. We both thoroughly enjoyed the quiet. We were the only guests in the grove.

Back home, I read, she rested, and soon it was dinner time. Just another night like every other one; only the menu and the movie changes. Then, to bed early, as thunder and lightning returned for the second time this Summer.

I was awakened in the night by loud thunder and my bedroom flashed bright white from to the lightning. Some of the thunder was incredibly loud, but Sheba was unconcerned. And then I heard it: pounding rain meant I would not have to water today. What a thrill!

This morning, I went out and found that one rain barrel that was half full yesterday, was overflowing. We got a lot of rain last night, and I left my laundry outside. But what a great break for our forest and all my garden beds! I shall be reading and doing SPACE work today!
















No comments: