Saturday, August 22, 2026

A Very Successful Evening!

I’d done the majority of my salad prep by 6:00 yesterday, and with that done, I enjoy my day knowing that I was going to be able to serve a dinner that I was proud of and that I would not be under any pressure. All the heavy lifting was done on Thursday.

At 7:30 I enjoyed a nice warm soak under bright clear sky. Then I did some tidying up of the kitchen before going to meet my friends to walk out dogs on a very beautiful morning. I think appreciation of this weather is high because I know it soon will be coming to an end. I shall miss the endless sunshine, but not all the watering that I must do every day.

Back from the walk, we all had lunch, and then I made salad dressing and toasted baguette slices (the pea pesto is served on it). And then I prepped everything for the prawn/dill dish that I’ll make when the gals are here. Then I went outside to do an hour and a half of toting the forest fall that I raked up earlier in the week. 

I quit the tiring yard work at 14:00. My back was sore from the raking and toting, and I was overheating. It was 26° and I wanted to have lots of time for vacuuming and dressing the table. Plus, I wanted a cool shower, and then, feeling mighty great, Her Highness and I had a lovely afternoon walk as big, beautiful, billowing cumulus clouds rolled in. 

I’d cleaned up the deck so that we could have drinks outside before dinner, but it’s just too hot (28° at 16:00) to want to do that. I’m going to ask the gals to spend our evening together in the coolness of the house. The more comfortable I am, the better I cans speak. I finally stopped moving at 16:30, half an hour prior to the expected arrival of the gals. I felt everything was in order and that I could relax for a while. 

They arrived on time and we had a great evening together. It felt like we were old friends; our compatibility is palpable to each of us. We had a great evening and now I wait to see if first, their home in Kelowna sells, and second if they can find a home here that they like.

This morning: dishes. I was busy cleaning up and putting things away bright and early. All I have on my plate for today is watering here and at Pete and Ali’s place. I’ll have a hose in my hand for about 2.5 hours today, but that is my only duty. The rest of the day will be spent walking with Her Highness and reading. I am seriously looking forward to relaxing a lot today after two days of being very, very busy.

















No comments: