Monday, August 24, 2026

Slow Daze

Sunday was the best My Day that I’ve had in a long time. I had no responsibilities, no commitments, and the weather was such that I was not seduced into doing yard work. Her Highness and I had two forest walks together, and during both walks I couldn’t imagine feeling any better than I did with the gentle cool breeze on my face and the fragrances of the forest infusing my brain with memories of times past. I am so glad that I moved here!

I have a quiet, slow week ahead of me. I have few demands on my time this week, and on Thursday, my new television might arrive. I’m excited about having a new smart TV. I’ll be retiring several remotes and my Apple TV device that enables my current TV to access streaming services.

The quiet will last until Sept. 2nd, when I must go to Nanaimo to an appointment at the hospital Pacemaker Clinic. I expect to find out what will be happening with my device. The kind of pacemaker I have has been recalled. But until then, I’ll be primarily reading, walking Her Highness, and watering my garden beds.

And so here I go: another week begins, and it is predicted to be sunny every day for the foreseeable future, and afternoon temperatures are likely to be in the low twenties.
















No comments: