Sunday, August 30, 2026

A Fabulous Brunch with Friends

I reckon that the parents of children who die of measles should be charged with murder for they ignored science and caused the death of their child.

Saturday, I was outside at 6:30 watering. It felt good to know that all my floral children were well fed. I wanted to get the watering done early because I had a Zoom call with John and Bunny booked for 8:30. (John chose the time!) 

We talked for an hour and a half, and when I was done I had a spa and missed a call from Dwight, so I called him when I was changed. He’s coming to visit on Thursday, staying until Saturday. I’m terribly excited! By the time we finished talking, there wasn’t time to go to the farmers’ market, so I just idled here until it was time to go to Pete and Ali’s to join them and some other neighbours for a pot-luck brunch in their garden gazebo. Sheba came with me.

It was a wonderful brunch! I felt blessed to have such fabulous neighbours, and it was terrific to be together in the shade of Pete and Ali’s gazebo eating delicious food. Nancy, Ron, Pete, Ali, Wendy and me. What a great afternoon!

When I got home, it was mid-afternoon and so Sheba, and I went to Rollo Park where she could walk on the soft grass. It’s her favourite place to walk, and she did okay. When we came home, she slept and I read until dinnertime. We all ate and I watched things on YouTube rather than watch a movie. I couldn’t get into a film last night.

Today dawned overcast. It felt gloomy and unlike Summer. I lit a small fire to warm up the house and to help dry laundry that I hang in my curtain rails to dry. (I never use my dryer except for sheets in during the cold and wet months.) It will be a lovely slow day at Pinecone Park today.
















No comments: