Tuesday, August 25, 2026

The Big Picture

 

It's. not this big, but it feels this big!

Monday was a sunny and bright but comfortable day. I spent the early morning enjoying a long soak in the spa and then doing chores around the house before going to the Windecker trail to walk with our friends. There’s still no need for me to water, thanks to the soaking of heavy rain on Saturday night, so I had the day to enjoy without two hours of watering.

All my plums are eaten and now, the apples on my trees are slowly disappearing. It’s such a wonderful thing to be able to go outside into my own yard to pick fresh fruit to eat, and the fruit I grow is so wonderfully delicious.

When we got home from the walk, my new TV was on the front porch, so in I came, all excited, to get it hooked up. Of course, it was techno Hell at Pinecone Park for two hours. Everything went easily and well, except I could not figure out how to access my cable channels, plus I could not install the Kanopy app on this new smart TV. After three hours of fiddling, and three calls to the help like of the manufacturer, everything is working.

Sadly, I still have a plethora of remotes, but I can live with that because it is so much quicker to access things, and I love the huge new screen (55”). I could hardly wait to watch a movie later in the evening, once I was done. But man-oh-man did the whole experience drain me. I felt like a truck had run over me by the time I sat down to get ready for my Zoom with Presentation House.

Once everything was put away, I put an ad on our community Facebook page to give the old TV away, and then I got ready to talk to Aidan and Keltie from Presentation House. It’s the 50th anniversary of the theatre I built there, and they are making plans for some sort of celebration.

Talking with the Presentation House people was not what I expected. They really wanted ideas about how to earn income and increase donations. We had a good talk, but I am too long, too far removed from the career I once had to be of any relevant help. So, after an hour of talking, I signed off and took Her Highness for our afternoon forest walk.

And then we came home and I prepped and served everyone their meals. And then I turned on the tv! What a total blast it was to watch a movie in such a grand size. I had a great night with my new toy, and then I fell into bed exhausted from a day in which I did little but had a lot of stress over getting the television working.

Today is sunny and bright. Sheba goes to the groomer nice and early, and I will have the rest of the day to read and putter. There is no need to water the beds yet, they are still wet from Saturday night’s downpour.
















No comments: