Saturday, August 29, 2026

Sheba is Ill

Every Friday morning, I look forward to watching my two Dutch ‘friends’ vlog. Bram, Simon, and their daughter, Nox, a Simon’s parents bought a large derelict farm in the south of France. First they renovated the spaces they are living in, and now they are passionate gardeners, growing most all their food, and they are renovating a huge barn into three apartments that they will rent out or rent as a B&B. I love their vlogs.

I had a lovely soak in the morning after I watched their vlog, and then Her Highness and I went to meet our friends to walk, but she was not having it. She made it very clear that she was not feeling well, so we went shopping for supplies to make a curried rice salad to take to Pete and Ali’s this afternoon for our luncheon with some other neighbours.

Once all were fed lunch and the salad was in the fridge, we went for a mid-day walk at Rollo Park where she usually will always be willing to walk. By then, the clouds had rolled in, but it was still a comfortably warm 19°. Regardless, however, she did not want to walk.

When we got home, she rested and I doomscrolled until it was time to Zoom with Aidan. It’s always a pleasure talking with him. Yesterday we talked about an event happening in Vancouver and organized by SPACE. He’s asked me to ‘perform’ at it, and I said that I would, so last night I wrote out what I would do and say and sent my proposal to him.

It means going to Vancouver. John and Bunny will, I’m sure, put me up. What I’m going to do with Sheba is not clear. She’s definitely coming with me; she’ll have to wait in the car while I do my bit. I can’t quite believe that I’m going to be on a stage again, and ‘performing’ with my stutter. I think what I’ve written is going to work. Still, I’m nervous/excited about doing it.

Today, I Zoom with John early in the morning, and lunch is with some of my neighbours at Pete and Ali’s place. I love Pete and Ali, so I’m looking forward to being together. And there’ll be watering, but there’ll be no walking. Poor Sheba is barely walking. She is in poor shape. I shall be monitoring her all day to decide if we need to see the vet. 
















No comments: