Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Glorious Tuesday and I am Grateful



This is the email I sent to the woman who has hugely and positively changed my life. She is my orthotic therapist.

Hey Jodie, This is LONG overdue but I wanted to write to say you and your knowledge and the orthotics you made me have changed my life. I had been using over-the-counter crappy but partially helpful orthotics, so when I came in to get my set from you I put them in right away and I have not stood or walked without them since. I did not do any incremental use, I jumped in whole hog right away and it has changed my life so dramatically I feel ashamed of taking to long to THANK YOU form the bottom of my feet.   
I got shoes from the store next door to you, following your advice, and now when I put my shoes on I feel like I am wrapping them in magic bubble wrap made my God's own hands. I used to walk 50 minutes maximum before having to rest and do stretching exercise and then I could only walk another 40 minutes before resting and stretching my feet. And so on, at shorter intervals and all that in spite of repeated visits to a Podiatrist. 
So you change lives, Jodi. What you and your awesome training and the orthotics you gave me is humbling. You gave me mobility. Since getting orthotics I have been walking almost every day in the best summer of my life. I walk at least two hours straight and usually more. I have walked comfortably for seven hours and often walk three or four without needing to stop. 
I hope I have conveyed my incredible gratitude and I hope you are well and loving life and much as I do now. Chris
The walk, on another stunning day was as good as life gets. Happily alone after so many guests, my swollen, throbbing blue finger less painful and the coughing slowing down (God bless Prednisone) I walked in bliss enjoying the quiet of a weekday mid afternoon. After all the revelry of Gay Pride right outside my windows, the quiet and solitude was welcome.

And now I teach tonight. That anchors me.

The outdoor movie theatre at Second Beach.

That is a public pool filled with salt water. there are 150-meter lanes and a kids area and it is cleaned with Ozone and not Chorine.

 The Himalayan Blackberries are everywhere!

See those sparkles? The leaves of the Africa Violet on my desk shimmer with crystals like diamonds. It is enchanting; I had thought of them as Old Lady Plants, but No. They are gorgeous.

No comments: