Monday, August 5, 2013

His Past


In 1994 for Halloween, the Vancouver Gay Men's Chorus had a costume party. Steve, with whom I was living at the time, made dresses and got field hockey sticks so that he and his friends could go to the party as the St. Vincent's Girls Grade Eight Field Hockey Team. All the members came to our house to dress and by the time they left, each man had chosen a personality—the bad girl (Steve, right), the jock (Chris A., back and left) , the goodie goodie (teacher's pet, Eric, front and centre) and the academic (Mel, front and left). They were having so much fun, I decided to go and so I made myself a costume of paper (the wimple) and black material and I went as Sister Elephantine, their coach.

Recently, for friend Chris, who is so sick, one of the team members brought a photo from the event that I had not seen, so it brought back fabulous memories. I am not a costume or party person, but that night was a significant memory of terrific fun for me.

No comments: