Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ermenegildo Zegna

This photo does no justice to this stunning
sweater but you can see the silk lining that
gives it the "tuxedo" look. It is a cardigan
made of superfine Merino wool. I am in love.
Okay… so a guy walks into a store.

I am familiar with the strategy of dressing up to feel better, but this is new. I went into the Bay yesterday to look around … maybe for a nice shirt to wear for Dwight's birthday dinner at Pastis last night. I fell into the hands of a good salesman who guided me to shirts designed/made by Ermenegildo Zegna. Oh my God. When I put them on, with the glistening black tuxedo sweater of superfine Merino wool…. well, call me dandy.

I have never looked better. So now I have own Ermenegildo Zegna shirts, one stunning tuxedo sweater and I am going back for pants.

Regular visits to Hawsworth and other fine dining establishments and the hottest clothes ever; I am a changed man. I am renaissanced; I have no idea where this has come from, but I like it. I believe recent successes with the kind of writing I was always afraid to do is eroding my self-loathing and my change in behaviour reflects a first-time experience with …. dare I say it, pride.

Spending my hard-earned interest this way is more fun than travelling at this stage of my life.

No comments: