Sunday, January 11, 2015

Uncle Gus' Monkey: la pièce de théâtre

I've actually started writing this story of my life yet again. I am re-writing Knock Knock, taking out all the music, rearranging bits and using the ending of Uncle Gus' Monkey.  But most of all, I am reworking it for actors, taking me as performer, out of the script. The goal is to create a play that Warren can pitch to Canadian theatres.

"They" say, Write what you know. That is what I do. I keep reworking my same old story.

I say: I am sick of my story. I think about my history all the time. Is it because I am fucked up or is it because I am mining it for the screenplay and this play and for Trudeau, the Felons and Me. James, the new-on-the-scene therapist thinks I have every right to be fucked up given my past.

I worry that this blog and my telling friends about all that is going on in my life, is bragging. I am worried that I am turning friends off and that I have become someone unlikeable. Is that why I am always alone now?

Fodder for James….

No comments: