Monday, October 9, 2023

Refund!

Sunday was a gorgeous sunny day that began cool (10°) and ended in really lovely warm temperatures (23°) that allowed me to read blissfully in the sunshine on the deck.

Just before 10:00, we left to meet our big group of friends, canine and human, for the big Sunday community dog walk. It was a truly lovely walk. What I loved the most was suddenly walking into a little pocket of very, very fragrant and warm air, as we walked in the fresh morning air. The fragrance had a kind of spicy smell. I just loved it.

Then we came home to have lunch and to relax, and there was an email from Sarah waiting for me. Canadian Tire refunded us $672.00. I am relieved and very happy (and impressed by Canadian Tire). Fed and happy, it was time to read. I’m half-way through my last Commissario Brunetti book, so soon I will start my new Abraham Verghese book, A Covenant of Water. It’s a huge book (715 pages), so I’m very excited about reading it. I love his work. Cutting for Stone is a favourite book of mine.

Late in the afternoon, clouds rolled in and darkened the day. We anticipate two days of rain and then a brief return to sunny and warm weather. I was content to see the change because it was Sunday night, my favourite night of the week to relax. I lit a fire, had a great dinner and turned on the TV for a lovely night surrounded by my beloved pets.

I watched a fun movie and then sat down to work on monologue 2. It’s really fun still, but I have to pace myself or I start thinking in rhyme. I’m really pleased with the opening. It’s perfect, in my opinion, And last night I did the ending, so the critical parts, the parts that need really thoughtful, powerful rhymes, are done. Plus, a lot more of the front end of the story. 

My guess is that this monologue will be slightly longer that the first one—maybe 2000 words, 25 minutes. But that’s a first draft. No one is going to see it until I go through it several times.

Today is dark, windy and it feel like it’s going to rain. I’ll be reading today and chillin’ around the house. I don’t have a thing on my plate for the next three weeks. Not a single think is on my calendar until Halloween day.















No comments: