Friday, July 24, 2026

A Great Day

Thursday began with a soak after an almost sleepless night. I slept on my bed, under nothing and with the ceiling fan on, and still I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I do not do well in heat.

I loved getting into the spa and feeling as though I was soaking away all the tension of the day before. I’d had three seizures on Wednesday. Steve was up early and shortly after 8:00, we went for a walk with Sheba and then to Nester’s to get all that I needed to feed Sheba a bland diet. And when I got home, I made a ton of chicken and rice for her. She’s to stay on the bland diet for 5 - 7 days. Also, I gave her two medicines. The one she gets orally from me in a big syringe, she absolutely hates. But I got it into her.

Then Steve took the car for the afternoon to explore things on the island, and I got busy with watering all the beds, and thoroughly! Surprisingly, I liked the watering. I was glad to be home and not in the car going here and there with Steve and Sheba. I was glad to be alone and tending to my floral buddies. Still, when I was done, I was thrilled!

It was an excellent plan to stay home while Steve went off exploring. I did not have a single seizure yesterday, whereas on Wednesday, I had three. This year’s visit is much shorter than in past years, plus I am doing no cooking, so it’s been easier on me this year. 

We’re getting along fine, but I get sick of his obsession with all things gay. He hasn’t asked me anything at all about my life, and if I mention something that interests me, he does not respond to what I’ve said. Instead, he talks about something else, often at length. Regardless, I love him and I love his visits. We are family.

I read on the chaise after all my duties were finished. Heaven! I read until Steve returned with lots of Basil that he’d bought at food stands he encountered while exploring the island. We both love pesto, so that’s what we had for dinner. Plus, Steve made a delicious salad. He makes the best salad dressing!


We watched a movie together and retired at a comfortable hour.

This morning it is a very mild 16°. Finally, we’re getting back to ideal Summer temperatures. The high today is predicted to be just 23° and Sunday and Monday, rain is predicted. This is wonderful news. 

I reckon today will be like yesterday. We may walk with our friends, but I will take Sheba for a short walk earlier than our group walk so that I can see the state of her stool. I believe we’re seeing some improvement in her condition. And Steve will likely take the car and go exploring again, leaving me here to do chores and water. Tonight we plant to go to the food truck for dinner. Tomorrow is our last day together.

















No comments: