Monday began well. Sheba was showing signs of improvement and there was no need for me to water anything in the yard. I had the entire day to myself to do some SPACE work, to read and to walk Her Highness. But our morning walk was with our friends.
I took her out at 6:30 so that I could see the state of her stool, but that was a short walk and our walk with our friends was much longer. Although it was overcast and only 17°, it was lovely to walk in the fresh air and to see how welcome the rain was to everything growing in the forest.
When we got home, it wasn’t long until it was lunchtime. I had to give Sheba her penultimate dose of deworming medicine that she despises first, but then we had lunch—she remains on her bland diet, but today I start introducing her regular food.
After lunch, I read until the delivery truck arrived with a new chair that I assembled. Then Her Highness and I went for our afternoon walk while we were still confident there’d be no rain. When we were done, we came home, me to read until dinnertime, she to rest. Our evening was the usual.
This morning is overcast, slightly windy and wonderfully warm. It’s inspiring to be outside at 5:00 when I take Sheba out. I don’t walk with her, but I look around the yard amazed by the beauty of early morning on a warm Summer day. I could hardly wait to get into the spa.
Last night, I did all my SPACE homework, so I am free to spot water and read today. Yesterday, we had four walks. We’ll likely have several today as well. This morning was the second morning without any issues with Sheba’s problematic bowels. She seems better. I’ll know more when we walk later and I see how her stool looks.
Tomorrow we return to sunshine and heavy watering. Sigh. But I’ve enjoyed the break from watering very, very much.















No comments:
Post a Comment