Thursday was bright and sunny and lovely and warm (18°) in the late afternoon. I was inside baking, tidying and cleaning all day. I had a long nap at noon, and it reminds me of being an ill child to be in bed in daylight hours. But oh, it felt so good to have that nap.
Because it was so lovely, Sheba and I went to walk on the Elder Cedar trail while the cakes cooled. It was beautiful in the forest. Walking the trails is palpably cleansing. All trouble leaves my mind amongst the trees. Even in Winter, it is uplifting. What a wonderful place I live in.
When we got home, I worked on the marshmallow filling that will go between the layers of the cake. I didn’t like the result, so I added a lot of orange zest and I’m much happier with it now. I shall pipe strands of it on each of the two layers and then smother the whole cake with chocolate butter cream.
We walked in Rollo Park in the afternoon and came upon Regina who was walking Billie. It was great to run into her because I miss her and all the gals with whom I walked three times a week for eight years. Then I came home to feed the brood, have dinner and watch a movie.
It was a busy day, and I made a mess baking that had to be cleaned up, to the evening was busier than usual. We went to bed later than usual, and I had a great sleep until Fred came howling onto the bed at 3:30. I stayed in bed until 4:30 and then got up knowing I couldn’t eat or drink anything but water because I have to go to the lab at 7:30 for blood tests.
Later today, I’ll finish the cake, do some SPACE work, and tidy up in general, especially in the guest bathroom and bedrooms. Di and Beverly arrive tomorrow to stay until late Tuesday.















No comments:
Post a Comment