Sunday began early. I was up at 4:00. I fed the brood, lit the morning fire and got back into bed to read. When Doug got up, he surprised me by climbing into bed with me and being affectionate. What!? It was nice actually, we had a nice chat there and then we got up, had breakfast, and then he got into the spa and I had a shower before we, and Her Highness, went for a morning walk on the Elder Cedar trail.
When we got there, Doug was not feeling well, so we took him home, and then Her Highness and I went back to Elder Cedar to walk. Then we returned home to hang out at home for a while before heading to The Commons to visit the Apple Fair. And oh my God, I have never, ever in my entire nine years here—my arrival anniversary is on Wednesday—seen so many cars scattered along the road and filling every parking lot around. The Fair was packed to the gills. It seemed like all 4,000 residents were there.
We walked around looking at everything, and then I slid into an awful seizure. I haven’t had one for quite a while, so it was a doozy. When it was over, we all returned to the car to chill until Bruno’s Kitchen was ready to start selling meals. I did not want to go out for dinner after my seizure. I felt dreadful as we sat in the car and then I had another seizure. Once it was over, I felt much better.
We got our meals and came home. Doug proposed eating them right away, so we did. We had our dinner at 15:30! How odd, but we’d had only a light lunch, so it was fine. Doug went outside to sit in the sunshine, and I lay on the chaise, totally deflated by my seizures.
At 17:00, we started watching a movie that we both liked, and afterwards, we chatted for a while and then I went to bed to read. Doug had a spa and then he, too, went to bed.
Except for tomorrow, we’re in for a lovely sunny and warm week. October is the new September! We’re leaving here at 9:00 to take Doug to the ferry, and then I plan to spend the day just relaxing and reading because next weekend I have three guests coming. I plan to have a gentle week until they arrive.
However, I very much enjoy the company of my guests. Doug and I have had a great time together and I know that Thanksgiving is going to be a blast as well. Life is very, very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment