|DR, Dianne, Dana (back, L to R) Jane and I had brunch today in Dianne's back yard.|
I meet with Kim Selody to talk about doing a show at Presentation House. A fundraiser like Knock Knock was, but for Presentation House. We didn't talk too much about it, just a couple of broad strokes.
May 11th, 2014
Eleven days later I have a working title that I really like and a completed first draft. It is a first draft, but it is not rough; it is a strong draft. it is not an outline, it is a full script: 18,000 words and 57 double-spaced pages.
It's called HoMe and it is about creating the programming policies for Presentation House, turning it from an amateur arts centre into a professionally run and curated centre. And it is about me growing up because it was my first job. Here is a scene summary:
- The first scene is about getting fired. This scene sets up the story.
- The second scene concerns my first year. It is written in the style of Anthony Trollope.
- Scene three is four 5-minute stories about my greatest thrills while at Presentation House.
- "Telegrams" is a scene of very short stories told from the point of view of people associated with Presentation House when I was there.
- This scene is about 10 things that happened that taught me something significant.
- This scene features a different guest speaker each night. The guest tells a single story.
- The scene is about getting fired the second and last time and wraps up the show.
Next: Dirty Panties: Parenting, Travelling and Elder Care
Post a Comment