Thursday, January 11, 2024

David Attenborough ♥️❤️🌹


I awoke on Wednesday to pouring rain, but by the tie I was ready to leave with Sheba to walk with our friends, the rain had stopped, and the sky was bright and clearing. What fortunate timing. The walk was lovely. I continue to love forest walking regardless of the weather, except when it’s really coming down. After the walk, we went into the village to do some shopping before returning home for the remainder of the day—except for my walk with Her Highness in the afternoon.

The most exciting thing of the day was this: As I was leaving the grocery store, a favourite checkout person wished me a happy day, and I replied, “Thank you.” I have been unable to say “thank you’ for almost eight years. But I said it clear as glass yesterday. I was thrilled. 

Bronwyn was back in the afternoon to spray all my fruit trees. My gardens and trees are getting care they deserve, thanks to her. And as she worked, the clouds rolled in. I was glad. The clouds keep us warm in Winter and although snow is again in our forecast, the -10° temperatures are no longer predicted. God, I hope it doesn’t snow!

In the afternoon, I returned three of my devices to CAYA. I am not using them. I have kept two devices that I use often. Also in the afternoon, I was grateful for my relationship with my bank manager because I was locked out of my online account. All I had to do, was write to him and he will help me fix this problem. If I called the banks ‘customer service’ line, I’d wind up frustrated and exhausted from the effort of trying to deal with them.

When I sat down to read, I fell asleep. I’ve become quite the tired fellow.

From The America is Fucked DepartmentA school district in Florida pulled multiple dictionaries and reference books off its library shelves for including descriptions of “sexual conduct.” Escambia County School District removed five different dictionaries, eight encyclopedias and the The Guinness Book of World Records from its collection after determining the titles could run afoul of Florida’s HB 1069 bill, which restricts sexual content from being taught in schools.

Today will be a good day. It is bright and clear today. There isn’t a could in the sky, but it is cold. It’s minus two degrees; the cold snap has begun. It’s predicted to cloud over later and snow tonight. Shizah! My fires will roar this week. Winter is here. I shall read today and attend to domestic chores.



Bald eagle claw.












No comments: