Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Check In On Those Around You


This is a thoughtful public service announcement about mental health from Norwich City FC and Samaritans, a suicide prevention charity in the UK.

Today began with a bang! At 5:58 am, there was the loudest, longest rolling thunder that I have ever heard. Sheba was unfazed because at the time, we were cuddling on the bed and she must have felt secure. The cats, however, were totally freaked. They wouldn’t eat and couldn’t settle; they were on high alert and scanning all around them. I went to our Facebook page and people were really freaked. Some had been terrified and run out into the rain fearing an earthquake. I’ve never seen so many posts on Facebook in the morning.

Monday went by pleasantly. I got some yard work done in the warm sunshine of the afternoon, but the morning was cool. Our walks were wonderful, and the day passed with me in great spirits. 

I’m not sure about today. There are large patches of blue sky, and the morning air is brisk. It may be an inside day as everything is so wet from the overnight rain. I can’t do a good job of cutting the grass down where it’s exploding with growth when it’s so wet. It may be a day of reading.

My eye appointment is a week today. I can hardly wait to see if my vision in my left eye can be corrected. My reading glasses work for reading, but I hold the book quite close, and I must lean into the screen of my computer to be able to see clearly if both eyes are open. I’m spending more time with my left eye closed now.

Aaron Sorkin confirmed during a live recording of The Town podcast that he is currently working on some kind of sequel to “The Social Network,” David Fincher’s acclaimed 2010 drama about the creation of Facebook that won Sorkin the Oscar for best adapted screenplay.

“Look, yeah, I’ll be writing about this,” Mr. Sorkin said about the social media company’s recent years. “I blame Facebook for January 6.”


Butterbur? I'm not certain, but I love this new plant in my garden.

This wonderful wispy Japanese Maple is new and gorgeous in my garden.

Here's that gorgeous Maple again. It's leaves are
so slight that you can barely see them from a distance.

My natural front yard is looking gorgeous. See next photo.

Up close, you can see billions of little blossoms. The bees are happy.

My ferns are about to become magnificent again.

I love the colour the Japanese Maples bring to my yard.

Where once there was only piles and piles of garbage.

Yellow and burgundy Hens and Chickens. Yes!!!


Soon this Clematis will explode in violet blossoms.

Ranunculus.

 A beautiful Bleeding Heart.

No comments: