Sunday, April 28, 2024

Hangin' Around Doing Very Little

Saturday was another day like Winter. That’s to say, when I don’t feel like being outside. All I did was read and eat and so I’ve nothing to report here.

I watched Dave and Andrew finishing their task of putting up all the walls of the yurt, and I read. The most exciting thing of the day was to notice a small songbird coming out of one of the bird boxes I put up on my trellis. She had a small mouthful of twigs that she loaded into the box. I’m hoping she has babies and that I can watch them emerge one day.

In the evening, I finished watching a pretty great TV series on Apple+ called The New Look. It is a film about the wartime and post war Parisian fashion industry, as revealed through the stories of Christian Dior and Coco Chanel. I really enjoyed it. The writing is good, as is the acting. Ben Mendelsohn does a wonderfully credible and compelling job of portraying Christian Dior, and what a story is his!

My left eye is pretty bad. I can see out of it, but poorly. I am waiting to see my ophthalmologist on May 7th. I sincerely hope whatever is wrong is repairable.  I’m sure it will be, but I am anxious about the procedure. Don Tyrell had a detached retina and he had to spend several days on his stomach, not raising his head. We would talk into a mirror on the floor below his face. I hope I don’t have to go through that because I’ll need help from people to eat.

Today will be like yesterday, but without the rain. I don’t go on the big dog walk on Sundays anymore. It’s just too chaotic and loud. Her Highness and I walk alone now, and so off we go.
















No comments: