Thursday, March 5, 2015

Arrachera Marinade

Lots of oil and almost as much soy sauce, plenty of lime juice, lots of garlic, a large onion, a whole chipotle pepper, cumin, salt, brown sugar: You blend it until is is pureed and then marinade skirt steak in it overnight. I am going to broil it, but ideally you bar-b-que it.

I had it in Mexico and loved it even though it's meat. (I believe in guidelines, not rigid rules.) I am serving it with a fresh salad of corn, cilantro, lots and lots of tomato and green onion, jalapeƱo that I serve on diced iceberg lettuce and I top it with crushed taco chips. Mmmm.

For warm veggies, I am serving really small peppers that I am stuffing with a mixture of ricotta and parmesan cheeses, fresh snow peas and pancetta. More mmmmm. And, of course, flan for dessert. I live for flan.

No comments: