Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Night Dinner with Nicola

I am dressed for dinner; Nicola is due to arrive shortly. She will be fabulously dressed.  She is the perfect date—always fabulously dressed, keen and utterly and perfectly compatible.

We have regular dates since we both are recent beneficiaries of wills. We’ve been to the city’s finest, Hawksworth, a few times, but tonight we are branching out and going to Chambar. Before all our dates, we meet at my place to drink champagne.

I am wearing a tie. I hardly ever do that. I am also wearing my glasses that I think are too garish for me but that everyone admires. I feel like an child in a costume, playing the part of an adult so dressed, but I absolutely love “playing dress up” with Nicola.

It’s partly the availability of the money, but it is also about how I feel inside. A few posts back I wrote about pride. It is new to me, feeling proud of myself. But that is how I feel now that technical writing is behind me and I ambush with creative writing.


It took a long time and a lot of living to learn to write for the stage and screen and to feel pride but boy, was it worth it: Champagne, Nicola and fine dining… what a way to celebrate. And regularly.

No comments: