Sunday, March 8, 2015

Saturday Walk

It was a stunner of a day yesterday, so I walked all the way to Bridgeport Station in Richmond. It took three hours and I was in sun the whole way. If I had walked the seawall, I would have spent quite a while in the shade that is why I love walking south in Springtime—to catch the rays.

This is the pedestrian walkway that is part of
the Canada Line subway bridge. This is how
you cross the river into Richmond if you are
smart because the Oak St. Bridge is awful for
walking.


When you arrive in Richmond, there is a
constant stream of airplanes overhead as
they come in to land at the airport.

When I got home, I went to Weeds, the medical marijuana store where I am a member. It is always an interesting experience. the marijuana is presented like wine. The various types are all named, their THC content is listed if it is known and the particular benefits/effects of each one is listed. The staff talk like oenophiles; the air is pungent as you might expect. The staff person I like is a charmer. He sports a cochlear implant and when we met, he told me about hearing for the first time.

No comments: