Monday, March 23, 2015

Yes, I'm A Francophile:Christine and the Queens

Saint Claude by Christine and the Queens

Christine by Christine and the Queens

Even though I was raised in English, in my core I am French and I know it. I know it because of things I did as a child and I know it because of how I can hear the language in a crowd of Anglophones. And I knew it when I moved to live in France. I felt so at home.

I listen to a radio station in Lyon France online all day. It is perfect music for m; it has become part of my life. And it introduced me to Christine and the Queens and I have been enraptured. AS far as pop music goes, she is aptly named for me. I bought her album a week ago, but this morning I watched her videos for the first time and had that "I belong here" feeling like when I moved to Nice.

I love her look, her hair, her make up. I love her clothes and lack of socks. I love the choreography and what she and her band do for their visuals. The two videos above are from an album for which all videos are the same: just choreography in cool clothes on a big box, but each song is done in a different colour. Long live the Queen.

No comments: