Tuesday, October 15, 2024

A Great Day of Thanks

 Monday began frantically. I got up at 6:00 and was busy, busy, busy until I put the turkey into the oven at 8:30. By the time Di got up, the house had a lovely fragrance of thyme as Tom cooked in the oven. We called Jane, who was iffy about driving in the rain, and she was en route, so we were a go for our Thanksgiving brunch as planned.

Sheba and I decided not to go for a walk until there was a break in the rain. So, I got onto the chaise to chill before Jane arrived and I had to get back into action in the kitchen. She arrived just past 10:30 with cream for the coffee of both women. (I never have milk or cream in the house because I don’t use it.) I made her a nice big mug of hot coffee to welcome her and to warm her up.

We ate just past 12:30, and everything went perfectly. The turkey was cooked and was nice and juicy. My Brussel sprouts and the stuffing—everything was just fine. We ate leisurely and after dessert, I took Her Highness for a walk. By then the sun had come out and so Jane enjoyed a clear and easy drive home.

Di and I snacked through the remainder of the day and the evening, and we watched several episodes of Bad Sisters, but it lacked the punch of my first viewing.

Today has begun with a dull grey morning. I don’t know what Di and I will do today.  We’ll improvise. She goes home tomorrow.
















No comments: