Monday, October 14, 2024

Thanksgiving Day!!

Sunday got off to a lovely slow start. It was brilliant outside, so Sheba was content to wander the yard while I caught up on some emails and watched a fellow whom I follow on YouTube who posts his weekly vlog every Sunday. I fed the brood and lit a fire as well, and then Her Highness and I went for a walk together. It was most uplifting to be in the forest on such a gorgeous day.

Di arrived at 11:00. She got settled and then she and I went to The Surf for lunch. As happens often at this restaurant, we had to wait for ages for our food, but it is such a magnificent spot for dining, so full of atmosphere, and with an unparalleled view of the sea, time passed quickly. We ate enthusiastically and then made our way home.

We took Sheba for another walk and then settled in for the evening. DI was thrilled to bits with the prawns I made for her in a butter, lemon, dill sauce, and we had a side salad and later in the evening, the blueberry tart I’d made. For entertainment, we watched Water for Elephants.

This morning, I have been very busy. I did all the dishes from last night, then I prepped the turkey for cooking and got it into the oven at 8:30. Jane is coming to join us for a mid-day meal—at least that is the plan. She hated driving in the rain and it’s pouring this morning, so she may cancel and Di and I will have a huge meal to eat by the fire to ourselves.

The results of the 15th annual Epson International Pano Awards have been announced. Here are a few of my favourites:












No comments: