Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Not Sheba


My friend Paula sent the image above to me. She saw it on the Internet. That dog is Sheba’s an identical twin. It’s a stunning picture for me to see an identical dog to my beloved.

Monday

I was busy all morning and afternoon Monday, and it certainly tired me out to be so active. But there are always chores to do. I planted all the ground cover Pete brought to me on Sunday, and I cleaned, vacuumed, washed, and sorted. I loved getting so much done.

The morning dog walk contributed to my fatigue during the day, I’m sure. It was tough going at times, but I was pleased with my capacity to get up the hill. I am definitely much better than I was in July. The recovery has me mystified about the cause of all this fluctuation in my capacity for exertion.

At 3:30 Pete arrived, and he finished working on the faucet. It is now in excellent working order, and I am thrilled to have one less thing needing doing. After he left, Sheba and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood, then we all had dinner, and I went to bed early. I was pooped.

My movie last night was a rewatch of Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, and I loved it just as much as I did the first time. I adore Leslie Manville.

Tuesday

Tuesday got off to a busy start because I went nuts doing chores. The big order of the day was vacuuming under cabinets, dressers, the stove, the fridge, and under the beds. It was work that was longoverdue. Also, it was spider web death day. I swept my walls, ceilings and on top of cabinets. Oh, the life of a single homeowner.

My ASL class was wonderful. I like my fellow students, and I really like the teacher, and so today I raised the issue of practice. I said I need to use what I am learning, or it won’t stick, so I suggested that we students meet for coffee once a week to sign together as best we can, and they really, really took to the idea.

And when I got home, I arranged for an appliance repair guy to come here to see if I can get my stove burners and freezer working properly. I’ve been so chuffed by Pete’s repair of my faucet, and by my fixing all the broken door handles, that I want to see if I can get these other things repaired. It feels so wonderfully good to get everything not fully working, back to excellent working order.

And then came the best part of the day! First, Sheba and I went for a long forest walk. It was a spectacular 22° and lovely and sunny, so the long walk was welcome. Then, a spa and it felt so, so good after an active day. And then dinner and a movie. What could be better?

Last night, I watched Mrs. Henderson Presents. It’s the second night in a row that I’ve watched movies that I’ve seen before. Guaranteed good times. 

Hair ice, we get it here all the time in Winter.














No comments: