Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A Lovely Day with Dianne

I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday. I walked Her Highness through the forest in the morning, keen to get our walk in before any rain fell. No rain fell all day, in the end, so I needn’t have worried.

After our walk, we came home to chat and chill with Dianne, and then I left Di at the house with Sheba so she could to her Yoga, and I went into the village to attend my ASL group in the library. And when my class was finished, I came home and after a brief rest, Di and I took Sheba on a nice long walk on a lovely afternoon.

A highlight of the day was seeing smoke billowing out of the chimney at Dave and Ursula’s yurt. I immediately went over to see all the work that was done on the weekend when Andrew and Will, plus the excavator guy, put in so many hours. The kitchen cabinets are half in, the fire was going, the shower is almost finished, and over the next two weeks, the electrician will finish putting in all the fixtures and the plumber will hook up the hot water tank. David expects his occupancy permit in very early November, so soon they will move into their new home.

The evening was spent watching Bad Sisters. I loved the show when I first saw it, and it’s good a second time. Season two starts on November 13, so it was great to reacquaint myself with all the wonderful characters. 

Di leaves today. I’m sad to see her go, but it is a stunning day and Sheba and I will get our day started with a walk with our friends. Then we’ll come home to improvise the balance of our day before Di leaves.

solar halo is a ring of light that appears around the sun. It's caused by sunlight refracting through ice crystals in high, thin cirrus clouds. Here are some shots of several of them for you:











No comments: