Sunday, October 6, 2024

Today is My Day

The day of promised sunshine became a day of overcast skies, light wind and cool temperatures. My motivation to do some garden work dissipated like the shadows. We walked together on our short trail, and then I came home to do chores. However, Pete arrived with supplies to fix my kitchen faucet.

He was here for a couple of hours and the faucet is more stable than it was, but it’s still not entirely properly set to the counter. It wobbles. So, Pete has taken home the instructions to read, and he will come back again to see if he can do a better job. He’s such a mensch! When he left, I put all the tools away and returned all the stuff that I keep under the sink to their places. And then Her Highness and I went for our afternoon walk between the raindrops.

The evening was very pleasant because I lit a small fire. Lately, all I have needed for warmth is a morning fire. Last night’s fire was an indulgence, not a necessity. For a lark, I tuned in to Saturday Night Live; I haven’t watched that show for ages, and clearly, I have not missed anything. I lasted two minutes. What dreadful nonsense. I went to bed early.

Today is our Apple Fair. Sadly, the weather looks unwelcoming, but I’ll be going.



Pistachios














No comments: