Thursday, October 10, 2024

Seven Years

Wednesday began with a dog walk with our friends. The day was overcast and cool, but it was, as it always is, a wonderful way to start a day. I love being in the forest, and I love my little pack of friends with whom I’ve been walking three times a week for over six years.

October 7th was the seventh anniversary of my arrival here on Gabriola, and it was shortly after moving here that I discovered the big community dog walking group. That’s where I met Regina and Anna, and they invited me to join their little group.

When we got home from our walk, Henri was here and working on the garden. He does the things I ask him to do, and he also does things of his own initiative, and he seems to give me homework with each visit. Yesterday, he told me to trim all the Ferns at the end of February, so I shall do that.

And while he was working, I visited the Amazon website because it’s their blowout sale right now, and I bought an air fryer. I’ve been thinking of getting one for quite a while, and the one I got is also a dehydrator and convection oven, so I can dry fruit and cook and bake small things. Woo hoo.

By 2:30, it had clouded over, and it felt like it would rain. I was praying that it would rain because it’s been quite a while since the garden beds got a soaking. My edible garden beds are bone dry. And hooray, late in the afternoon we had a deluge. It didn’t last long, but it was heavy rain and so all my garden beds are good to go for a while.

Today, the appliance repair guy comes. I’m hoping for success with repairs to both my fridge freezer and the stove. It’d be amazing to have the two problems resolved. 


Perspective!














No comments: