Sunday, October 13, 2024

It's My Day!

Saturday was bright and sunny, but it was a cold morning (5°). Thankfully, it reached wonderfully warm temperatures in the afternoon (18°). It was a great day for the Studio Tour festival. All the participating artists have huge white flags flying on the street and in some places, I saw many cars parked outside the home studio of lucky artists.

From 6:00 am to 9:30, I was non-stop motion. I did laundry, dusting, recycling sorting and bundling, vacuuming, and making up all the guest beds. I moved a bunch of books from the house to the studio, cleaned the guest bathroom; being a domestic goddess is not a job for slackers. 

Just before 10:00, we went to the last Farmers’ Market to get Sheba’s favourite treats, and to just be there soaking up the atmosphere for the last time this season. It might have been a sad day, but I got to come home and watch the magnificent Andrew at work on David’s yurt.

I had to spruce up the house for Di’s visit, but I also had to plant the decorative grasses that Pete brought over the other day. And I baked a Blueberry Tart for us to have tonight with our dinner. Finally, at 2:00 I quit, and after chilling for a bit, we went to the South End to meet up with Merrill and Issa, my former neighbours whom I adore. They are staying with Ray and Ellen, and their host have gorgeous miniature sheep which we fed. They are so, so cute, and it was thrilling to be so close to them and to have them eating from my hands. We didn’t stay long, but it was thrilling for me to be with Issa again. When we left, it was dinner time for the brood, so I fed them all and settled in for another night of television.

Today is bright, sunny and quite windy. It’s going to be a beauty of an afternoon again, but the mornings are cool. Dianne should be here around 11:00, so we’ll have the afternoon together and tonight, dinner and a movie together. I love watching films with Di. We are hugely compatible.

And tomorrow a Turkey feast.
















No comments: