Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Big Weekend

 Friday began with a bang! The first thing that I did when I got up was to open the freezer to see if there was any frost or ice. And there was none! Nada! And when I booted up my computer, there was an email telling me that my new air fryer was available for pick-up at the post office! Woo hoo!!! Soon there’ll be French Fries at Pinecone Park! 

The day was bright, but cool. There was a haze in the sky that prevented us from enjoying a warmer brighter day, so rather than planting the grasses brought me, I went into the village to go to the post office and to go to the pharmacy.

One element on my stove cannot be replaced. Pooey. But I am not going to replace the whole stove just because one element isn’t working, so one of the two broken elements will be fixed, and I’ll do without the other. I have a one burner convection apparatus for when I need an additional burner. I’m glad that I’ll be seeing Jake again when he comes to install it. What a guy!!

 By early in the afternoon, I was totally beat. Clearly, our long walks together tire me out. I was very happy to light a fire and install myself on the chaise longue for some ASL review and a magazine to read. I needed to chill before tackling more chores.

Rejuvenated, I visited Dave to see how work was progressing, and Andrew, the handsomest, sexiest man alive, asked to borrow my game of Tile Rummy. It’s a great game. So, I baked a blueberry galette to take over with the game. Andrew loves my desserts!

Today is a big day here on Gabriola. It’s the last Farmers’ Market of the year, Thanksgiving is our official end of the tourist season (which is a good thing), and today is the first day of our three-day Fall Studio Tour when most of the artists and crafts persons on the island open their studio for visits and sales.
















No comments: